Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 26

Yesterday was one of those days where I found myself pulled from the present to thoughts of the past, kind of a mental time traveler.  It was 28 years ago yesterday that my eldest child was born.  I was barely more than a child myself.  And although it was the longest, hardest, loneliest labor I have ever experienced, my thoughts were not of the pain and exhaustion, but of that perfect little boy that miracleously came from my body.  In that moment I passed from daughter and wife to mom, and life has never been the same.

Joey was a sweet baby, a funny and precocious toddler.  He was beautiful with his shining eyes and blonde wavy hair.  Seeming older than his years, one of those kids with an "old soul".  He has always been very thoughtful, and thought full.  He is a good friend, having friendships that have lasted since his childhood.  He is smart and funny, creative and artistic, and a man of integrity.  He is an inspiration as I watch him pursue his passion, working collaboratively with friends.  I thank God every day for him.

And for his brothers and sister.

I have been blessed.




2 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Anne,

I do not know if Megan filled you in, but I avidly read both Lamp Oil and The Life of an Olive. It brings me closer to you both, even though we're several miles apart. I've always thought distance was a mere state of mind anyways. You could be several hundreds, thousands of miles away from loved ones yet they can be right with you close to your heart.

In reading your latest entry about Joseph brought me to reflect upon the day Dylan Wilson was born. I thank God everyday for sending this beautiful angel to live with Tim and myself. And every night, we thank God for all the blessings that he has bestowed upon us.

Looking forward to more light...

Love,
Jenny