Friday, June 20, 2008

Lars and the Real Girl

I finally watched the movie Lars and The Real Girl last night.  A friend has been asking me for months if I've seen it.  I thought it looked interesting, but much of my motivation in watching it was to say yes next time he asked.  I think it was an incredibly fine film.  Full of warm emotion, not sappy, but moving and inspiring, a beautiful picture of a family, a community loving a hurting individual very, very well.  Wonderful performances by everyone in it.

Love to say much more about what a fine example of living well as a community it is, or what a great illustration it is for Arlins sermons about the purpose of the church, but I've got a 10 year old demanding a bagel, and since its 10 am I think I should feed him.  See the movie for yourself, you'll see.

1 comment:

Tennessee Dance Arts Conservatory said...

Yeah, I've wanted to see that. Now, i'll have to since you said it's good.